Saturday, July 5, 2008

Less than 36 hours to go

So there are now less than 36 hours until I leave. I'm officially almost completely packed. My checked luggage is perfect in dimension and weight. My carry-on, however, is 23 lbs when only 15 are permitted. I gave up on try to fix it. I don't even know how much my computer bag weighs but no one is going to question me on that one... I think... so that should be good. This, however, gets added to the list of reasons I hate flying.

So I have been getting assorted text messages which made me realize something absolutely vital to people trying to contact me... which I think will be just about everyone reading this... I will not have my cell phone. It will be staying in NJ and will be off. I will probably have a skypein number but nothing is definite at the moment, I have to figure out the internet thing first. I will be forwarding my school email as well as my gmail to my University of Wollongong email, which does not effect my internet quota so I will be checking that regularly after my two week no home contact period is over.

I have also discovered that Facebook is very bad for maintaining my quota and I don't think any of my instant messengers are going to be too good. I haven't even gotten there and I'm already tired of this whole quota concept. BTW... I don't even know how much 100mb of internet really is. Annoyed!

Interesting Australia Fact: To get prescription medications into the country you need an extra prescription or a letter from your doctor but they are both basically useless when you get into the country if you need more.

No comments: